Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) are a new type of identifier that allows for a decentralized and verifiable digital identity.
- Unique and global identifier.
- Authentication through cryptographic tests.
- Have control of your credentials without rrequire permission from any other party.
- Designed so that they can be decoupled from centralized registries, identity providers and certification authorities.
- They cannot be replicated and used fraudulently by a malicious third party.
- Each entity can have as many DIDs as necessary to maintain the desired separation of identities, people, and interactions