One of the greatest contributions of Blockchain technology is the ability to measure the carbon footprint through smart sensors compatible with IoT
- The measured and calculated data are immutably recorded.
- It transforms carbon emissions into tokens or “carbon credits”, which companies and public bodies can exchange to offset their footprint.
- The information collected thanks to Blockchain technology will be traceable and transparent.
- Unique opportunity to neutralize carbon emissions.
- Cost reduction by avoiding intermediaries.
- Improved tracking of reports to demonstrate that the gas emissions policy is respected.