Web3 Ethereum Sign-In with Vottun APIs
Web3 Ethereum Sign-In allows users to log in to a website using their Ethereum wallet. This is possible through the use of digital signatures in the Ethereum blockchain. In this tutorial, we will show you how to implement a Web3 Ethereum Sign-In into a website based on the ERC-4361 standard.
For this tutorial, we will be using the Metamask wallet and the Vottun Web3 API.
Before you start developing, you need to have the following:
- Ethereum wallet (e.g. Metamask)
- “Ethers” library
- Vottun API credentials
The steps needed to achieve the implementation of the Web3 Login are:
- Implement a “Connect wallet” button for connecting a Metamask wallet.
- Once the user connects the wallet, make an API call to the Vottun Web3 API in order to obtain the log-in message.
- Trigger the “Sign” window in Metamask in order to make the user sign the message with his wallet.
- Once the user has signed the message, retrieve the signature and make an API call to the Vottun Web3 API in order to verify the signature validity.